5.25.2012

Kerry's House and some more bits and pieces

Kerry asked for houses for the Ringo Pie Bee.  I love to make houses so this was lots of fun.


She wanted a more traditional school house style block.  I picked a house from Kumiko Fujita's Patchwork Lessons.  I love this house because it has lots of windows to fill and you all know how much I love fussy cutting!! Here is the Kumiko Fujita version.
I added the attic window, and the pathway to the house.


As far as "bits and pieces" go, I started this log cabin to be one side of a purse.  It is mid size - about 15" x 12" which will be the perfect size to fit all my goodies.  I'm on the fence as far as the color scheme but it is growing on me.


   I picked the first flowers from my garden today!! 
 There is nothing like the scent of  fresh cut flowers.

I've been doing a bit too much vintage shopping lately.  
The pitcher came from a wonderful little antique shop near Hood Canal in Wa State. 
The sweet painting was $10 at a vintage store in Olympia, WA.

I thought the tea towel on the left was just so sweet.
The book on the right "From Me to You ~ A Gift of Friendly Thoughts"  is just wonderful.  It was written in 1911 and is filled with lovely little gems about friendship.
I'll leave you with this:

"Happy is the house that shelters a friend. "
~Emerson

xo
Charise 

7 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You find the cutest fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretties in one post! Your house block is beautiful, I am sure Kerry's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charise I totally and utterly love it, every single fussy cut is a delight and totally me! Thankyou so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that house! The vintage book is quite a find...nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post - it's so full of charm, and it's a great beginning to my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful vintage finds! I, too, love searching for treasures from the past. A recent flea market excursion turned up a wonderful vintage aqua and pink child's metal ironing board and a 1960s tablecloth in my favorite color scheme of pinks and greens. Thanks for the inspiring post. I love all your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!