5.29.2014

Umbrella Prints & Necessity is the Mother of Invention!




One of my favorite blog reads is MikoDesigns.  I love her cute doll patterns and she blogs about the cutest food styling!  Recently, she made doll clothes with some Umbrella Prints 

Well.......I headed over to the Umbrella prints web side and I fell in love with the prints.  I ordered a scrap pack and couldn't resist the OASIS Floating Wild Grasses Print as well.  



I knew exactly what I wanted to make with the prints - my 12 patch pouch.  Well .....I started cutting away and did not realize I was short on fabric until it was too late - I did not have enough for the bottom row of the pouch.  Ugg!

The saying "Necessity is the mother of invention" is so true!!!
I have some suede skins and thought the prints would be perfect with a little suede trim.  
So I used suede for the bottom strip cut at 8 1/2" x 2 1/2".
I also added a removable wrist strap.
I love the way it turned out.
Not much fabric left from my Umbrella Prints Trimmings Package  :)
Umbrella prints is having a little competition.  The person with the most comments on their pinterest pic of their Umbrella Prints project wins a prize.  If you like my design,  You can find it [here]
Umbrella prints will be hosting all the projects at their Pinterest page [Here] starting May 30th.
You can vote until June 5th : )

Happy Sewing!
xo
Charise


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful as well as practical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy accident! I've been saving hand printed scraps from Lu Summers to make a zippy pouch and I have a feeling this suede will stick in my head. The wrist strap and zipper pull are great details, too. Just commented on Pinterest - good luck, Charise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!